Sunday, October 11, 2009

Movie Sunday (10/11)

Time to look at this week's upcoming movies!

Let's start with Black Dynomite. Starring Michael Jai White, it essentially looks like a more badass version of Pootie Tang, which I am okay with. Unfortunately, this one is only coming to select theaters. If it restricted content doesn't offend you, you can catch the red band trailer here.
The movie is rated R.



Next, we have Law Abiding Citizen. Starring Gerard Butler and Jamie Foxx, it's about this guy (Butler) who's family is killed, so he gets revenge on everyone. It's a pretty generic plot, but I feel like it could still be pretty suspenseful. Butler and Foxx are more than capable actors. This one is also rated R.




Also in theaters this Friday is The Stepfather. I think this one is going to be the worst of the bunch. It's about this guy who's skeptical of his mom's new husband, then it turns out that the dude (presumably) is a wanted murderer. Stupid plot. I'm not convinced of Penn Badgley's ability to act, and I don't like Sela Ward. Dylan Walsh looks like he might be okay, and Amanda Heard is essentially eye candy. Also, it's PG-13. I find PG-13 horror movies to be the WORST.



Last, but certainly not least, is Where the Wild Things Are. Based on the book by Maurice Sendak and directed by Spike Jonze, this is one of the more anticipated films of the year (certainly for me). I've already posted about how excited I am for it's release this Friday. This one is rated PG.

No comments:

Post a Comment