Sunday, January 24, 2010

Animosity

All things considered, animosity sucks dick.

Pardon the dysphemism.

Anyways, this is why I lost interest/faith in American politics (I've touched on this earlier). There are two camps of people with irreconcilable and deep-seated views about everything. There can be no peace between the two, because there is no respect for the other side. The right and left are forever fundamentally different, so everything turns into a shouting match. Stupid.


But that's not my point. I'm just reminded of this as I read all these Facebook and Twitter posts about the Vikings-Saints game today. So much hatred over football! It's kind of upsetting to me, because it seems unnecessary. And because I've been a Vikings fan my whole life, and I am completely crushed right now. I try to stay out of the shouting matches, though, because I don't see much point in it. I know the Vikings fumbled away their chance to win. I don't need to blame the officials or other people or anything like that.

But seriously. I'm absolutely crushed by this. Like...way crushed. Devastated. I'm going to go ahead and say this is right up there with when Ash had to let Butterfree go in Pokemon. Only WORSE! Because this is real life.

And reading all the hate towards Vikings fans like me really sucks. That shit also gets a "child please."

I've been a loyal fan for nigh on 20 years now, and I honestly don't know if any team the Vikings put together can go all the way if this one couldn't. This was like a one-shot deal, because Brett Favre is old as hell. Oh well. Maybe I'll see them win a Super Bowl in my lifetime...something my great-grandfather (peace be upon him) never got to see. But for now I guess there's only one thing left to say:

GO SAINTS!

...got damn

No comments:

Post a Comment