by my computer speakers. It's like...there's sound coming out of them, but I just don't get them. How are the producing crystal-clear sound right now? I feel like I could stare at a wall and see the same thing, only walls don't make music. These speakers do. But I don't know how. I can't see any movement. They are as stationary as my wall, but they are making sound.
WTF YOU GUYS!
I made a pretty kickass doodle today. The best part is, I only took up half the page with it, so at some point in the future, I'm going to be able to come back and add to it, like seconds! I haven't just sat and doodled outside of a classroom since like...4 years ago.
Damn, I just can't get over these speakers. And electronics. Who was like...hey, I've got some silicon (which is like...sand) and some copper. Let's make the copper into a wire, and make the silicon into a computer chip that can do whatever the fuck we want it to? Have you ever thought about how the world is literally nothing but a bunch of rocks and metals and organic compounds and liquids and gases formed into these crazy things? Like...cars! Everything about your car--or your computer or your iPod or your SPEAKERS was once just a pile of raw materials in the ground. I can't imagine coming across some sand, and thinking..."I bet I could make a laptop out of this." We created things that can think, that can move, that can do all kinds of crazy stuff like make sound come out of speakers with a bunch of sand and metal and organic compounds. We created these little virtual storage units--bytes and stuff--that can hold all kinds of information. Information held by sand.
I wish I had a toaster, so I could have an Eggo waffle every once in a while. Thems delicious.
K bye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

if this little rant wasn't pot induced i dont know what is
ReplyDeleteno sir!
ReplyDeletei think my brain is naturally in a near-pot induced state...no need to gild the lily!
hahahaha you sir, certainly have a way with words.
ReplyDelete