Anyways, someone at the show invited us to a house party across the street afterwards, so naturally we went to party with a ton of people none of us knew. Half the people there thought we were students at Iowa State, and the other half thought we were the band. I'm not sure how we managed to convince them of both, and I wonder if those two halves ever talked afterwards...oh well! Good times anyways!
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Doomtree
Last weekend I, along with 6 other friends, went to a free Doomtree concert at Grinnell College. For those out of the loop, Doomtree is a hip-hop group consisting of producers Lazerbeak and Paper Tiger, along with emcees Cecil Otter, Mike Mictlan, Dessa, P.O.S., and Sims (in order of appearance in the following video). I'm not crazy into hip-hop, but Twin Cities underground holds a special place in my heart. Lazerbeak and Paper Tiger know how to make some dope beats, and all 5 emcees are extremely versatile and talented. Plus their lyrics are smart and down-to-earth. This was one of the most fun shows I've ever been to. As usual, I was able to talk to the band/help them load out afterwards. Nice folks. Except P.O.S. (my personal favorite emcee) was kind of awkward.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i'm am so mad at me! I'm trying to do this paper on john locke while listening to P.O.S. and all I can freaking do is think that I could have been awkward with him in the same room...
ReplyDelete