Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Au Printemps

Bizzay, bizzay. That's all I can say about my life in the last month. I find myself doing a whole lot, and nothing at all at the same time. I've really been taking advantage of my position on the Student Union Board to go to just about every event they sponsor for free. That takes up a lot of time. I also spend way too much time sitting in the SUB office doing nothing. Tyler Boeyink, you'll be proud to know that I drew a sweet as picture of Hobbes on the whiteboard in there a month ago, and no one has erased it yet. I gotta get around to putting Calvin by his side.

I've also been playing pick-up soccer about three times a week, and going disc golfing about three times a week. By extension, my homework production has dropped at least 50%. The weather is too nice for my own good. I'm quite proud of my developing disc golf skillz. For having only started playing this year, I can consistently shoot pretty close to par for the course. Pick-up soccer is the greatest thing ever. I hadn't played since high school, and I'm really glad I've been able to get out and kick it around. I'm not back to my old form yet, but that's okay.

I experienced my first VEISHEA this past week. On Monday, I went to the lecture by Jeff Katz, a former studio exec for New Line Cinema. That was pretty interesting. Tuesday, I saw my friend Andrew win the VEISHEA Says I'm Funny stand-up competition. Big ups to him for that. Thursday I watched my former neighbors, Sons & Heirs, perform in the Battle of the Bands competition. They put on a great show. Afterwards I went with some of my fellow M-Shop people to Dairy Queen, Wal-Mart, and one of their apartments to hang out for the rest of the night. My sister came from Davenport on Friday. We went to see Sons & Heirs perform on the main stage at 6 pm, and then hung out until we came back to see fun. and Motion City Soundtrack at around 11:30. Both put on a fantastic show. One of the most fun concerts I've been to. We returned to Campustown to hang out until some ungodly hour of the night. Saturday was filled with people watching, Nitro Ice Cream (greatest thing ever), kind of almost meeting/playing bingo with Hellogoodbye, actually meeting Pete Holmes and Kumail Nanjiani, more hanging out, meeting people, watching the Envy Corps and Hellogoodbye put on another amazing show, and hanging out some more. And on the seventh day, I rested. Solid weekend.

1 comment:

  1. glad i get the honors of being thought of over anything calvin and hobbes. gotta send me a phone pic or something. between you me and andrew, we've got a nice little blog shoutout love triangle goin on.

    ReplyDelete